Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Good Or Bad

I bought a papaya several days ago from Sprout. Mary asked me what it is for. I told her that I saw from the what-to-expect website that Papaya is a natural digestion aid. It's good for the heartburn. I have been putting it off to eat it because it's not my favorite fruit. This morning, after the breakfast, I finally had a slice of it hoping that the heartburn would be relieved soon. Later on I went to the website to find out the nutrition values of the papaya. I was glad to know that its nutrition content is one of the top three among all the fruit! I was ready to send that to David and ask him to eat more of it. Suddenly a pregnancy forum caught my eyes saying that papaya is not good for pregnant woman because it serves as the abortion inducer and it can cause miscarriage and birth defects ... Oh, I wished I could spit out the papaya I ate this morning. I started to pray to God to protect the baby. Although I did my best to read what to do, what not to do, what to eat, and what not to eat, ... still ... I couldn't help wondering how the women in old days survived without all these information! Or, all these contraversal information makes it more difficult for the pregant woman today to pass the 40 weeks pregnancy.

After I came home, I told David that I wouldn't eat papaya any more. David held me in his arms and said, think about the people who live in the islands where papaya is the daily consumption. If they survive, you certainly can survive with a slice of it. That's right. Think about the Japanese who eat fish (or sushi/sasimi) everyday and think about the Chinese who eat MSG for generations ... I need to learn not to sweat on these but to trust God!

David and I didn't have readers. But we still decided to go to Friendspeak, anticipating that some new students would show up. As a result, 35 readers came. The girl I read with last Sunday brought a new reader. David and I read with a guy from Nigeria. He was a Christian already. Both David and I admited that we enjoyed more reading with unbelievers and doing evangelical study. Bobbie gave me a can of prune juice during Friendspeak. She is always thinking about others.

No comments: