Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sick Day - 1

I had a chill and fever last night. Luckily the doctor's appointment was this morning. The doctor listened to the baby's heart beat - 156 per minute; measured the tummy, and gave me some antibiotics for the fever. I took the whole day off for the sick day since I've accumulated over 200 sick days over the years.

I was very glad that the doctor spent about an hour for our appointment. Many people complained that their OB/Gens only spend 5 minutes with them. My doctor asked me whether I had any concerns or questions. I asked about the organic food, sleeping on the left side, papaya, etc. He dismissed many stress for me. Now I know that I don't have to stress about sleeping on the left side even with a sour arm and leg and face. Mother Nature will take care of it on its own.

David went to Friendspeak at night. I rested and read some baby magazines. It was so relaxing to read them. I didn't take a long walk although I tried to walk outside. My body was too weak ... I realized my spirit was weak too since I seldom spent time reading Bible, devotionals, etc. They seemed to take my mental energy. As David noticed, we don't pray together as we used to. I was often too sleepy early in the morning and too tired late at night. The only time we prayed consistently was at dinner time. Father, please help me to regain some of the energy so that I can take some steps toward you!

No comments: