Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 18, 2008

China Meeting and Friendspeak

David taught the class again this Sunday. He did a great job leading the discussion and teaching across different books in Bible. His preparation paid off! After class, we bumped into Eileen. She said she wanted to make good use of her time here so she would attend the both services. We sat with Mary, Ted and Eileen in the back row. During the end of the service, Mary, Ted, David and I popped out to meet Leslie and Donna at Cheddars. We had a good meeting. David and I gave each of them a travel bag of stuff they would use and some culture training materials. They talked about the last minute assignment for everybody.

After we came home, I volunteered to give David a hair-cut. I was surprised that he let me. I was really touched by his trust. Luckily I didn't mess up too much (I guess I might have cut more than I was told. But David didn't complain at all. Well, this was the first time. Practice makes perfect.) Now we are even - he cut my hair and I cut his. David worked on the weeds for a while and jumped into the shower. Cathy, Richard, and Annabelle dropped by to gave me the radiation proof jacket they bought in Beijing. We wished we could talked more about their vacation in China. But we had to leave for Friendspeak.

Ted and David led a prayer for the Chinese during Friendspeak. I thought it was well-received. At least Maggie did. Maggie and I had a good study on Romans. She normally studies two or three lessons at once with other workers. But I sticked to one lesson at a time. We spent more time on discussion and the sharing of the book "The Voice of A Wanderer". I could tell she was learning!

David and I gave some of our kitchen stuff to Sandy and Hongyu. They told us that Peggy had a severe car accident. But she didn't have insurance or money to see a doctor. We planned to call her later. I was craving fish so we had spicy fish at a Chinese restaurant on the way home. We read from the Internet that most Americans don't have enough Omega-3 fat, which mainly comes from fish. Now I feel more balanced :-)

No comments: