Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Dinner With Eileen

I got an email about the relief workers in China - over 150 were buried by the mudslide this morning. At the same time, one of my co-workers passed around an email to everybody about Brian Concar. Immediately people in my surrounding cubes began to get together and talk about him. I was sad that nobody in our office has talked about the people in China yet. But so many people were so interested in a guy who hit the firetruck! They laughed and expressed their opinions. The group topic turned to the orthodontics dentist somehow. One lady asked me about my orthodontics. Tears were still in my eyes and the tissues were still in my hand; I was a little embarrassed and joined in the conversation reluctantly. After providing the basic information, I turned back to my desk.

Fang called to ask which venue we went for the donation. She and Fred are going to take the kids to see Fred's dad this weekend. James Ma dropped by. He was still trying to decide where to donate the money and how. While I had some time, I read a little bit on Jewish circumcision. The article asked why God asked the Jews to circumcize the baby boy on the 8th day? It went ahead said the Jewish married women have 10% less chance to have the overies related cancers. The new born baby needs Vitamin K to produce blood in the liver. A 3-day baby only has 30% of Vitamin K needed. By the 8th day, he will have 110% and then later go back to 100%. In the time when medical was not advanced, God picked the best day to do the circumcision to protect the babies! I was in awe by His supreme love and care toward His chosen people!

We invited Eileen over for dinner tonight. David bought some Mexican fajita meat and marinated chicken. We had Mexican soup, Guacamoli, Mexican rice, etc. Everything was delicious. The conversation was great! We always enjoy hearing stories from our missionary friends. Time just flew by. Eileen asked us to say something to her church friends in Russia. David encouraged them to keep up with their good work. Walking out of the door with Eileen, we saw a neighborhood cat lying in our front porch. David fed him meat, milk, cake, ... A colorful meal was spreaded in front of the cat. But the cat didn't enjoy it. The flowers in the front yard were all gone in one day. David examined the plants and suspected that the bonnies ate them - We spent over $30 on the rabbit food! After we cleaned up the kitchen, David played piano for a while and asked:" Is it time for bed again?" I nodded. He was so disappointed that a day passed by so quickly! I admire my husband for being so energetic and excited everyday that he can't wait to start a new day - there are always so many things to look forward to each every day and he is always so productive!

No comments: