Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Broken Air Conditioner

Last night, I was hot after having the dinner. I thought it might be the lamb meat. Then I worked in the office room to burn a CD for Gail. It was very hot. Again I thought maybe it was because of the computer ... David came home at 8:30pm. When we hugged, he said:" You are warm. Are you having a fever?" I took out all the thermometers: 99 and 102. But I didn't feel that I had a temperature. Then we realized that our air conditioner stopped working! David checked on the cooling unit and the switches in the attic. We had to endure the heat through the night.

It wasn't so bad with the ceiling fan. Actually it was comfortable in the early morning. I hoped the air conditioner was not completely broken. The energy saving sales just ended this Monday. The technician David used last time was fully booked today. It seemed that when we don't need those coupons, they come in all the time; when we need them, we can't find them any more. Finally, we searched Google and found a company that would come later today to take a look. It has some online coupons too!

When we woke up at 5:30am, David and I both realized that our China team was in Beijing already, soaking in the new environment, settling down in the apartment, having dinner at a local restaurant ... David put on the shirt we bought in China last year to show the support. We pray that they will have a fruitful trip!

No comments: