Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

You Zi Yin (Voice of A Wanderer)

When we met Gary and Danita for the China meeting, they recommended a book written by a Chinese who graduated from Beijing University, Biology Department, and then got his doctor's degree at Michigan State University, now working as an established researcher at Winsconsin Medical Institute. The name of the book is called "You Zi Yin (Voice From The Wanderer)". They mentioned that many Chinese Christians were influenced by that book. Bobbie and Ling asked me where to buy it. I told them a Chinese Christian bookstore I know of. But I wasn't sure they could buy it there. Today, I went to the website trying to find out which bookstore had it. To my surprise, I found a link that we can download the whole book for free! The only thing is that it's in Chinese. http://www.livingwater4u.com/reader/b_youziyin/youziyindex.htm (I recommend to read the appendix first)

I was so happy about the discovery. I couldn't help reading it before I sent the link to Bobbie, Ling, and others. It was a fabulous book! I thought we should make copies for each FriendSpeak reader since the book was so true to every Chinese. I resonated with the author in many places. Definite a good reading. I'll see whether I can translate it into English for David later.

David went to Friendspeak. We were glad Jerry came back to study. I was still in the emotional state that a mere mentioning of "China Earthquake" would bring me to tears. So I stayed at home. After the dinner, I took a ten minutes walk. Then I wanted to go to the Impact fellowship to make better use of the evening time. I was glad I did. Every time I went there, I learned some new children's songs. That was what I needed to prepare for our baby! Matt gave a good lesson on God's creation - the fourth day. I came home fully relaxed and entertained by the kids. David had a great night at Friendspeak too. He brought home a book Paul Melton got for me about my hometown Xinjiang.

No comments: