Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

David got up early to prepare for the lesson. I cleaned up and had some breakfast before we left for church. We turned the radio on and listened to the worship music on the way. Right after we got to the parking lot, the radio mentioned "Mother's Day". "Hey, I was so busy this morning that I messed up everything" David said, "I have a Mother's Day gift for you in my car." We both laughed. I really didn't expect to get a gift since my newest title is only "mother-to-be". Thank David for thinking of me!

The first service ended late today. The classroom was empty when we got there. Later we found out we had two contributions and all the mothers received a flower. Plus Prentice preached. David and I were glad to see Maggie and Alex. They spent the weekend on Brookes' cousin's farm hunting and feeding the goats. David did a great job teaching the class. I was sure Maggie and Alex learned a lot. I learned something too: about the qualifications of apostles. We had lunch at Chili's with guys and I had my yearly hamberg. That was the hamberg of 2008.

Neither Hongyu nor Maggie came to Friend Speak. David and I read with two other people. After Friendspeak, David heard the voicemail from Hongyu. His car was broken and he said he might not come to Friendspeak for a while. David was discouraged thinking that he wanted to quit. "He can't stop coming to Friendspeak. Not yet. Not until he becomes a Christian. I want him to believe. But God wants that more, a million times, a trillion times more ..." After we came home, David called Hongyu. I prayed for their conversation. "What did he say?" I asked. David was all smiles:"Funny how completely opposite I can feel ... Hongyu said he and Sandy are more and more closer to God. They wanted to participate more in church activities. I gave him the first reading assignment this week!" We were so encouraged that we couldn't wait to share with them some good movies, good devotinals, and good websites that he would enjoy.

No comments: