Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

China Earthquake (2)

I'm still addicted to the Chinese website reading about the stories and the latest news of the China earthquake. Every time I read them, I had to take out the tissue and tab off the tears. It's said that pregnant lady's mood affect the baby. Maybe I should force myself not to go there. But how could I resist reading of how a teacher protected the school kids with her dead body; how a wife gave her life for her husband; how a grandma threw the grandson out to the safety before she was hit; how the soldiers left behind their wills and landed with parachutes; how a large performance show turned into a charity performance ... I dared not to go to any website with images or videos. These were enough!

I was glad to see how people were pulled together so quickly: the companies in China donated cash 2 billion (around $0.3 billion), 386 cars and buses in two days. The Houston Rocket start Yao Ming donated $290,000. Movie start Jackie Chen donated $1,420,000. Over 140 airplanes dropped tents, food, and soldiers non-stop. The Chinese organizations all over the world set up the donation account immediately. Every Chinese has a slogan now:" What can I do?" Maybe a new China is waking up soon!

I was sad that so many people lost their loved ones and all what they had. I was more sad that tens of thousands of people perished without knowing God's love. I thought about the disciples when Jesus was cruxified. They experienced the same disbelief, shock, and grief. But one thing they realized later was Jesus overcame death. They found peace in the midst of pain. Now fastforward to today. Have you found the peace yet? Have you felt the urgency of looking to a more eternal life? What if today is your last day on this earth? The shadow of death can strike us at any time, when we are in the elevator, when we are working in our cubicle, or while we are watching news, or browsing Internet. Are you prepared for death? Life is a precious gift from God and it's fragile too. Darkness will pass, but love and peace and God's glory will again shine on this earth, May GOD bless you and make your spirit soar!

No comments: