Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 23, 2008

UTD Welcome party

David's co-worker John and Mary invited us to UTD's new students welcome party tonight. He told us there would be some food. But since David and I were not able to bring anything, we decided to eat before we went there. We had orange chicken and pork stripes in garlic sauce. They were good!

During the welcome party, we met the leader of the International Christian Fellowship group that was very active on UTD campus. We also met some people from Christ Church in Plano. But we were a little bit disappointed that we didn't talk to many foreign students except a couple of Chinese on our table. One of them came to Friendspeak before for a couple of times. Another one was the guy whom we met at Heidi's graduation, her birthday party, and at John and Mary's house. David and I had printed out some flyers to hand out. We didn't hand out any. I remembered last time when I was invited by UTD Chinese student Association. They let me to talk about Friendspeak in front of the group for 10 minutes and invited me to the BBQ with all the new Chinese students. I really enjoyed that one. Later on, a country music band played the country music. I thought it might be too loud for the baby. So I stepped out of the room. When I was looking at the posters on the wall in the hallway, I heard someone calling me. They were Xuan and her boy friend from Friendspeak. David and I just thought that we hadn't seen them for a while. We chatted and David joined us too.

It was almost 10:00pm when the party finished. Renay, the guy who leads the Bible study on campus, asked David to teach next Friday. David agreed to think about it. John encouraged us to participate more in the campus activites too. We'll have to see ...

No comments: