Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mocking Birds

Sandy emailed me about the newly opened Korean Supermarket H-Mart over Carrollton. She said it was really big and it had more things than any Chinese grocery store here. I'm thinking to go there sometime, at least before the baby is born, to stock up all the grocery need ed after the delivery. I'm also thinking to buy some dates. Lots of people told me to eat that and it was my favorite food before. I miss not eating them for a long time.

My friend in Beijing Wenjing emailed me her son's one-month old pictures (similar to the birth annuncement pictures here). I still remember last year when David and I were in Beijing, she was having morning sickness so she couldn't meet us for the dinner. Now her baby is one and half months old, healthy and cute! I can't wait to bring our baby to her next time when we are in Beijing.

David and I took a walk after dinner. We saw a snail on the way. David had compassion for it, thinking that it might be killed by the car. I hoped it knew where to stay, at least somewhere wet, like the grass area. When we got home, David pointed to a baby Mocking bird that just learned to leap in our bushes and said:" Hey, that's the baby of the Mocking birds. A family of three live in the tree in front of our house. I saw the mom bringing the food to the baby one day ... Look, the parents were on the mailbox." I looked over. The mom and dad were standing there watching the baby! They were excellent singers. Many times, they would land on the tallest light pole and sing in different voices - showing off!

Our neighbor just had a new addition - a puppy. But she kept the dog in the backyard. The puppy barked day and night. I hope someday, the dog will get used to the new environment. The vegetables in the garden look great! David looks at them everyday. The tomato plant already has some green cherry tomatos. The squash took off to the tallest. We will have some organic home grown produce this year!

David is preparing the lesson for this Sunday. He is going to teach the International Bible class. I'm very proud of him. He is a good teacher!

No comments: