Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Verses and Pandas

David and I lowered our standard on the scripture memorizing. We decided to improve the quality by remembering one verse per week. The verse for this week is Philipeans 1:1, mainly referring to the elders and deacons of churches. This verse is more for teaching rather than for assurance. I liked David's choices because it's more balanced and more other-focused.

Gary emailed that he and two other guys from the Beijing church were in the hospitals in ChengDu already. They sent some pictures of the earthquake survivors. It touched me to see the smiles on their faces although Gary said that was the most emotionally difficult day in his entire life. Heidi sent some pictures of the Pandas that were rescued. They were so cute!! That probably was the only earthquake related news/email that made me smile and laugh.

Our renter called that the air conditioner didn't work well. David went to meet with the technician after work. He bought me some CD/DVDs of the Children's Bible songs with Actions on the way. We had a conversation a couple of days ago that I wanted to learn some Children's songs before our baby arrives. Later we refused the opportunity of teaching the children's class because I was afraid I didn't have experience. I was so glad to see these DVDs and CDs. My husband is the best!!!

No comments: