Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Joan

Joan was my co-worker who just retired last week. We've been working together for several projects. She asked me out for lunch today. We went to the Chinese restaurant. Joan was known as the quietest person in the office. Her words were always minimum, especially in the meeting. I remember in one status meeting, everyone elaborated the whole week's effort. When it was Joan's turn. She only had one word "Issues" (which means she worked on the issues for the week). All of my co-workers and managers know her personality. So nobody asked her to say more. But I like Joan. She is thorough and responsible in everything she does. She also thinks about me when doing her job so that it would be easier on me. I know I'll miss her in the future. During the lunch, Joan was not the quiet person that everyone knew. She talked about her children, her plan for the future, her friends and listened to me talking. We had a great time. In the end, she asked me to take one of her Christian friends to church someday. I gladly agreed. I asked Joan whether she was a Christian. She said not yet. I pray that she will be a Christian soon!

I had too much for lunch. Joan kept putting food in my plate. I was so full even at dinner time. So I skipped dinner - not completely, since I had a kiwi and some rice soup later on. David ate at Taco Bueno for the late Cinco De Mayo. We went to Sprout to get some grocery afterwards. After I came home, I felt cold. I covered myself with the blanket and read the baby magazines for a while. Then I went to bed. David was preparing for the Sunday lesson. When he was ready for bed, I took the temperature and found out I had a fever! Fever again! I took some Telynols. David made the ginger tea for me and put a wet towel on my forehead. I started to pray for God to protect our baby - tomorrow we'll have the 12 week checkup.

No comments: