Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

John 5:24

John 5:24"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. "

The reality of death makes us face the reality of life. Whether we will rise to live or to be condemned is decided now, in this life. Jesus said, "A time is coming and has now come" (v. 25). Salvation is for now, too, not just later. The "now-ness" of it begins when we hear His Word and believe. Then death's reminders become reminders of life. We will breathe our last if Jesus does not come first. Philippians 1:21"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain." If we choose right, with death we live, eternally with Him.

I sent the link of the book "The Voice of A Wanderer" to some Friendspeak readers and my sister and brother. Three of them emailed back that they really liked the book. I hope all of them can find time to read it.

David and I were trying to find a Christian group to donate for the China relief work. We didn't hear any. Finally we went to American Red Cross through CA's matching program since the company can match 100% of the donation.

I received the Travel Document and the EAD card today. They have my new married names. So in the future I should be able to travel and change my job without any visa problems.

No comments: