Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Sunday Eating Out

Gene Vance was out of the town. John B. taught the class today. We studied Psalms 22. It happened to be the chapter that I read a lot recently because it touched so many aspects of Jesus' death. The main point was no matter how low we feel, or what difficulties we face, Jesus actually experienced them all.

We happened to sit with Dawn and Kyri. Kyri already knew that she is going to have a baby girl. She told me one of her friends found out whether it was a boy or a girl during the 12th week. I looked forward more to the doctor's visit on Wednesday! We had lunch with Jerrod and Dawn. We had a great time. Dawn's birthday is coming. I had planned to give her the birthday gift during Friendspeak. But I found out she and her reader planned to watch a movie to celebrate finishing the book of John. I'll have to mail out her gift.

The auroma of the chicken filled the whole house when we got home. The chicken we put in the oven before we left for church turned out perfect! David and I couldn't help tasting it although we were both full. David and Hongyu watched the DVD Gospel of John during Friendspeak since Hongyu liked watching movie. Hongyu told David that the Jesus in the movie was not serious as he thought. In chinese culture, the highly respected people normally are serious and old. David told Hongyu that a person who was full of the infinite love and joy has to have a pleasant face. They had a good discussion after the movie. After I read with Maggie, I met two new readers: Lin and Josh. They just moved from Houston to Dallas and found out our program over Internet. I was glad they came today.

Mary and Ted asked us to join them for a dinner at a Chinese restaurant. We invited Hongyu and Sandy too. We had a great time in the restaurant. We were glad that Hongyu and Sandy joined us!

No comments: