Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

China Training Night

It was Robert’s birthday. David sang the birthday song for Robert as soon as he opened his eyes. I wish my eyes were cameras so that they could catch and keep all the vivid images of my husband each every morning. Before that invention, they had only to be stored in my heart prints … forever.

The student in Shihezi University in my home town emailed that she was so glad to see our wedding pictures. That was the first western wedding pictures she’s ever seen. David and I met her while we were on the university campus last summer. Her major was Russian. But she can communicate well in English too. She asked many questions about our life and experiences in America. We thought it was a great opportunity to reach out to her.

I opened the box Amy delivered to us. It was a box of baby magazines and other stuff! Fang gave us the same baby magazines too. It seems like American Baby is the most popular one. I can’t wait to read all of them. Before the mail man left the mail room, I dropped off the subscription for American Baby magazine.

During the lunch hour, I went home and put the marinated ribs into the over of 250 degree. By the time we came home from work, the delicious smell filled every corner of the house. David made the BBQ beans and the vegetable pancakes. I made the Asian salad and the orange cake. We had planned to make the potato salad. But I saw the potato skins turned green. They were toxic already. So I threw them away. Leslie, Donna, Mary and Ted came at 7:00pm. We had a great dinner together. Everyone liked the ribs and the vegetable pancakes. The Asian salad was still David’s favorite. We moved over to watch the China trip training DVDs after the dinner. All the reading sessions on the DVD tonight were acted by David and me (recorded back in September last year). It was wired to watch ourselves acting in the DVDs. We decided to meet two more times before the trip. After we finished the training, I was too tired to clean up the kitchen. Bobbie had asked me to take the prune juice before bed to improve the constipation and heartburn. I fell asleep as soon as my head touched the pillow.

No comments: