Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Meeting Our Neighbors

David and I have prayed to meet our neighbors in some ways. But we don't know how. Everyone seems to be busy doing his/her own things. Occassionally we saw a few neighbors and waved at them when they got ready to leave their house or when we just got home. But we never got chance to stop and talk. Today, after dinner, David and I were chatting at the dining table. Our door bell rang. David opened the door. It was our next door neighbor on the right hand. Her name is Julia. She came to tell us that her husband and she were going to tear down the fence and put up a new one. We got to talk for a few minutes. She was a nurse working with hundreds of pediatric doctors. She was very happy to know that I was pregnant. "Whenever you have baby questions, come see me!" David and I were very glad to meet her. My other side neighbor is what I call "the good neighbor" who takes care of my lawn for $15 a week. His name is Frank. He takes care of the landscape of HOA. He also fixed my sink, alarm, sprinkle system, and toilet problems without any labor charge. Not long ago, I met him in the post office. He told me that he was separated from his wife and move out. He said:" But you can still call me whenever you have problems. You have a brother if you let me be one." I was sad to lose a good neighbor. But I know he is a call away if David and I need him. We just wish we could meet more neighbors in our neighborhood.

When I was washing the dishes, David was cutting up the strawberries to make a fruit dessert. David said:" We need to prepare a baby room now. Todd said it's better to get the room ready two months before the due date. Maybe we can use the front sitting room as office and change the office into the baby room." I really like that idea. This way, we will be able to keep our two guest rooms and make better use of the front sitting room.

David began to study Chinese. I sat beside him to work on the picture frames that I was going to give to the Apple of Gold mentors. I found out the frames were too small for the pictures. David went out again to see whether he could print 3x5 pictures or find larger frames. But neither Walgreens nor Walmart could print smaller pictures. I had to work around what we got. It didn't turn out as what I wanted. But that is not bad. David did his best for this project. I really appreciate his help. It's our project!

No comments: