Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 4, 2008

Apple Of Gold


Proverbs 25:11 "A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver."

I've heard about Apple Of Gold class several years ago when Alice gave me a private cooking and entertaining class. Ever since then, I heard so many good things about it from the Apple of Gold graduates: Dawn, Angela, Joanne, Lori, Jessica, etc. This year I was able to attend this class and learn from these seven fine ladies from church: Alice, Mary Kay, Pat Scott, Carolyn, Linda B., Susette M., Yevett. Each of them has tons of gem to share with us. Last night Linda taught us the lesson about purity. The theme for the night was Hawaiian. We learned how to cut pineapple, papaya, mango, kiwi, etc. Oh, I loved the Hawaiian music in the background, the luau lace on the neck, the orchid flowers on the napkin rings, the pineapple decorations on the tables, the candles in the seashells, the fire torches along the doorway, and the waterfalls along the pool ... All these just reminded me our honeymoon not long ago. I enjoyed every bite of my food and every sip of the drink. Yevett and Susette led the table topics during the meal. When Yevett asked me about the married life, I couldn't help bragging about my dear husband. I wished I had a whole evening of time to brag about him!!!

When I got home at 10:00pm, David was still studying Chinese in the computer room. He had done Friendspeak with Mike tonight. I showed him all the goodies I got from the class: Linda gave us the Ivory soap to remind us about the purity; Alice gave us the spices and seasonings to use for our cooking; Pat Scott gave us the Mexican vanilla to add flavors; ... I told David that I want to give them something next week (which is going to be the last class). I'll have to think hard about what to give to thank them for 6 wonderful evenings.

We talked to Donna about our travel plan before we went to bed. We were glad that she is considering to have the same itinerary as ours. We are going to have great time!

No comments: