Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 7, 2008

Sabbath Day

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work..." (Ex. 20:8- 10).

David and I tried to rest on Sundays. Today David happened to study Genesis 2 with his reader Hongyu. So he did extra study on Sabbath: what Bible says about it and how we are to follow it. We enjoyed Bob's sermon on the different soils of the hearts. After the service, we got to talk to Eileen for a few minutes. Bill McDonough came over and told us about the opportunities in Cambodia. He asked David to help recruit some singles to go on the medical mission trips. We hurried over to the China town for the International Ministry meeting. Robert, Brenda, and Andrea were there already. Ted and Mary followed us. We had a wonderful meal at the Chinese restaurant and talked about the ideas on how to expand the International ministry. I loved it when we have a meeting at a Chinese restaurant! David joked:" our mission field is right here - everyone in this restaurant is International!"

We bumped into Peggy, a Friendspeak student, in the Chinese grocery store. She was working as a cashier there. We told her that we were thinking about asking her to our house for a dinner sometime. I took a half-hour nap when David prepared for his Friendspeak lesson. When we got to Friendspeak room, we were glad to see a big crowd. DG said we had 5 new students tonight. My reader Maggie refused her brother-in-law's request to skip Friendspeak. That made me happy! I could tell that she enjoys Friendspeak very much. She has an infant at home. When she asked me about what I would do, I told her that David and I were expecting a baby. Her face beamed with joy. She was very very happy for us ...I really enjoy studying with her too. She always has good questions:"what did Jesus mean when he said 'I have other flocks too'? what is resurrection on the last day?" I have a great reader!

No comments: