Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, April 11, 2008

Titus 2 Women

Titus 2: 3-5 "teach what is good. 4Train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."

Last night was the last Apple of Gold class. All the husbands were invited too. I went home to meet David for the class. To my surprise, he chopped down the two cider trees on both sides of the door already and put them with the broken tree branches. He did that by himself! We have talked about removing those two trees to make the entrance more open and clean. But we never got time to do it. I was so glad David did it! He took a shower and we were off to the Polk's house. We had a wonderful time there. We started with the snacks (corn and bean salsa, queso, chips, dipped vegetable). Then all the girls and guys were separated. Mary Kay gave the girls the lesson on hospitality. Alice gave the guys the lesson on table settings. The husbands joined the wives at 7:30pm for a group sharing on how to resolve marriage conflict, how to develop good relationship with your kids, what changes to make to make marriage better, etc. We got to hear the experience and advice from couples who had 35-45 years of good marriage. That was so encouraging! After class, we were ready for the dinner. The theme for tonight was Mexican food. The seats were not assigned. David said:" I wish we could sit with Jeremy, Brian, and a mentor couple." They were in the similar age group as us. I was surprised how things turned out. David and I were the first couple in the line. After our table was filled up, we ended up sitting with Jeremy and Rae, Brian and Kate, Amy and Wes, Linda and Gary. That was exactly what David wished before the meal! We enjoyed talking with everybody. After the dinner, I handed out the gifts for the mentors. They all loved it, especially with the apple (of gold) logo on the class picture. I'm so thankful for these wonderful ladies, for their willingness to share and to teach, for their great examples, for their giving spirit. They are true Titus 2 women who not only teach, but also live out their teaching!

David and I didn't get home until 10:30pm. On the way home, David said Alice corrected him a couple of times on table settings. She apologized for being hard on him. But he said to Alice with a smile:"My wife still loves me even I did wrong. Her love is unconditional ..." I was happy that he knows that! After we came home, David played piano for a few minutes. He always has tons of energy. And he is always excited about everyday. That's one of the many reasons why I love him so much. Since he has to get up early for the accountability breakfast tomorrow morning, we went to bed not long after.

(A side note: I start having backpain these days, especially from 2:00-6:00pm. I'll have to watch myself to have a break and stretch every half an hour. Many pregnant women have the similar experience. Hope it will be better soon!)

No comments: