Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Heartburn

I've been having heartburn these days. It's said to be a common problem during pregnancy. So I read about it. Heartburn really has nothing to do with the heart. It is actually the result of stomach acid reacting strongly to certain foods during digestion. Fruit juice, tomato, spicy food, citris fruit, dark green vegetables like broccoli, carbonated drinks and hight fat foods normally will contribute to the problem. While spices like fennel, cayenne, ginger, mint, and papaya, milk, yogurt are the foods that relieve heartburn.

I've never been so picky about food as I am now because food is important at this time. David and I went to the library to checkout some Chinese language books and audios. Then we went straight to the Chinese market to buy some vegetables. I determined to eat well and keep all problems to the minimum through healthy eating. It's so much easier to achieve that with a husband who is loving and cooperative!

No comments: