Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 3, 2008

He Will Make A Way

Isaiah 43:19 "I make a way in a desert and streams of wasteland."

We went to the IMPACT worship at Prestoncrest North Campus last night. David had finished Friendspeak with Jerry at 6:30pm so we could be there on time. It's only 3-5 minutes away from our house. But we don't know whether we'll be able to continue attending it in the future. The class started with a puppet show named "Three Trees" from the kids. Matt Matza taught the class afterwards. We were amused by one of the kids' answer to the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" He answered:" I want to be a single!" That was an unique answer. Someone needs to talk to this little guy - he hasn't graspped anything about the blessings of a married life yet!

After the class, we saw the email from LST about our itinerary to China. David and I were a little bit discouraged that it takes us 3 days, more than four stops just to get there and more than 24 hours to come back. That's not what we expected at all, especially we don't know how I will feel at that time. We prayed earnestly that God will guide us and give us the best itinerary for us. David couldn't sleep well because we could have got better arrangement if LST bought the tickets when David submitted our travel plan two weeks ago. He reminded them at that time that the seats were gone very fast. Was that God's will for us? I wasn't settled at that arrangement so I called my Chinese travel agency this morning. They gave me a quote that can save us 6 hours on the road. That was better than what we got. During lunch, I prayed boldly again that God will provide us a better arrangement and protect us (and the baby). I was even considering paying $1600-1700 to get the one-stop ticket if available. Around 1:30pm, David called that the travel agency found us the best deal: $920 per person with only one stop at San Francisco from Dallas to Beijing (since there's no direct flight to Beijing)! I called and emailed LST right away. They were thrilled about the deal and they will get the tickets tomorrow! That alone will save us not only several hundred dollars per person, but also more than 30 hours on the road!!! And we are able to attend the Sunday service in Beijing, instead of spending time on the plane! Yeah! God is so good!!!

David was reading the book "The prayers that God Answers" by Michael Yousef last night. In the first chapter, it talked about Abraham's servant prayed boldly when he was searching a wife for Isaac. I can remember how bold and specific his prayer was. And God answered the prayer immediately as he prayed. I thought about what happened today. Normally I would be content with whatever I get. But since I have the baby now, I'll have to ask for more than I would for myself. I'm so humbled and grateful that God granted that request and made a way for us!!! God loves us! HE constantly reminds us that HE cares about every detail of our life!

No comments: