Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Dr. Jack












David took such good care of me consistantly. Every morning when I woke up, the breakfast was ready. I'd be feeding on his love before I start the day. Last Friday morning was his accountability breakfast with the guys. I was suprised to see the breakfast on the table since he had to leave before 6:30am. He told me that he took a shorter shower that morning ... I love my husband more and more each every day. I never had to ask him to do anything. Most often he gave me more than I would ask or even think of. I pray that God will bless us a long life together - together as effective servants, and together as loving companions.

I got a call from Robert in the afternoon that Dr. Jack passed away. It was a shock to me, because David and I were just thinking about him and his wife Sunday night. His bright smiles were still fresh in my mind. His thumb was still buried in his Bible pages. His arms were still putting around his sick wife's shoulders ... David had a favorite picture of Dr. Jack reading his Bible while he waited for his Friendspeak reader to show up. His mind was so concentrated on the Word. Nobody could count how many medical mission trips he had participated. No wonder so many people love him so dearly: Robert and Gail, Don and Linda, DG and Louella, etc. What inspired me and David the most was his constant loving care for his wife as long as we've known him. He definitely set a standard for us to live up to.

I had some back pain today. After dinner, I rested in bed. David went out to print some pictures and buy some frames for my project. I wanted to give each mentor in Apple of Gold class a framed picture with every student's signature. I was so happy that David bought me the exact frames I wanted. I can't wait to work on them tomorrow!

No comments: