Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2008

Busy Sunday

David and I got to church a few minutes early. We met the Romanian family who are going to treat the son in Dallas. They live with Gayla and David right now. The son was in the wheel chair. He went to the Children's class with Gayla. His parents and other relatives came with us to the International Bible class. We enjoyed having them in the class.

Before the class started, I ran to the fellowship hall to give Alice the gift I had for her. Phil and Rebecca waved at me. Their Moscow team was here. I wished I had time to meet everyone before they headed out to Searcher's class. The David (Nelson) we met before came over and said:" I want you to meet my wife. Maybe we can visit after church." Unfortunately, we didn't have time to talk to them after church. Robert and Gail had invited us for lunch at their house. We had a delicious lunch: chicken, salad, corn, broccoli, biscuit, and apple pie. David worked on Robert's speaker for a while. We had to leave to visit Owana at 3:00pm. Owana looked great. She still exuded elegance in her face and voice. David noticed that her lawn needed to be mowed. It definitely wasn't her priority yet. We had to run for the China meeting with Gary and Danita. During the meeting, we told them that we wanted to postpone our trip. I was almost pursuaded to change my mind. But I thought about the pros and cons list I had and sticked to the decision. It was hard to do that. I know it was especially hard for David. Later on, we talked about "living in fear v.s. living in faith". I found it hard to apply my faith in this situation.

Before our meeting was finished, our readers already showed up. We started FriendSpeak right away. Maggie asked me:"Why did Jesus say that 'you didn't choose me. But I chose you'?" "What did Jesus mean when he said 'the Father is in me and I'm in Him'?" We had a great discussion on prayers afterwards. George said someone was looking for me and David. I thought it must be Heidi's boy friend Hongying. He planned to visit Friendspeak today. But we didn't see him. I hoped he didn't leave because we were busy. Igor and Natasha dropped by and gave David a Russian chocolate that someone asked them to take to David. Bobbie and Ling came over to talk. It was nice to see them holding hands all the time. Bobbie is great with her readers! They encouraged me to eat well and rest well.

We had dinner with Ted and Mary at Taco Bueno. They were very excited about the China trip. Maybe they will go with us to China again next year.

No comments: