Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Food and Teeth

I got up a little bit early this morning. I called my sister in China. She will buy a radiation proof dress, a couple of maternity dresses, and an early education CD for me. We talked about the food, especially MSG's effect on people. She said more and more Chinese take MSG out of their diet now. But in restaurants and food stores, it's still difficult to find one without MSG. I didn't realize what MSG could do to people until I read this article from an interview: http://www.naturalnews.com/z020550.html Then I opened my freezer and looked at the ingredients of my favorit dumplins, vegetable buns, etc. All of them has MSG! When I told her that I have a dental appointment tomorrow. She said many pregnant women in China avoid seeing the dentist during the pregnancy. I did some research afterwards. The experts said dental cleaning is very important for pregant women since it's easier to accumulate plaque during pregnancy and any gum infection could lead to preterm or small baby. But they recommend to do the teeth cleaning during the second trimester. So I rescheduled the teeth cleaning to June. Now I'll have to be more diligient in brushing and flossing every day!

David worked on the garden after dinner. He enjoyed it so much! All the vegetable plants were moved from the cups to the garden area. They looked very healthy! After that, we went to the Plano library to return some Chinese books and renew one that David liked the most. Later that night, I thought about Owana. How can we let an eight-year-old lady to mow a big yard full of tall grasses! I wouldn't let my grandparent to do that, not to say someone who just lost her husband. David and I came up an idea to ask friends to pitch in and hire someone to mow her lawn. Hope it won't take long to carry out that idea!

No comments: