Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Husband After God's Own Heart

We had a doctor's appointment yesterday at 1:30pm. David picked me up at my office at 1:15pm. We got there right on time. The doctor rolled the dopler device on my tummy and the fun part began. We tried to hear the heartbeat. But the baby seemed to be always moving. It was hard to hear it when the background noise was loud. I wished David could hear the heartbeat and see the baby. He was excited just hearing the baby moving! Well, I guess we'll have to wait until next time. Right in the middle of the doctor visit, a nurse popped in and told the doctor that some lady was waiting for him to deliver the baby! We ended the visit in a hurry. After the doctor's visit, we had performance review at work. I told my boss about my pregnancy. She was so excited!

David had two friendspeak students last night. I stayed at home waiting for the doctor to call back. He did right before eight o'clock. I really didn't have much to ask except some common discomfort caused by pregnancy. My friend Lynn called and gave me some advice on diet. When I told her that David went to the doctor's appointments with me and read those books our doctor gave us, she sighed that her husband only went to the doctor's office once when she had the first baby and none for the second baby. I thought what a difference a godly husband makes! David is a husband after God's heart. He does everything and more than I could ever ask for. Every time when he says I Love You, I reply with I Love You Too. And he replys back But I Love You More! I stop there. How can my love compete with his when he always asks me what he can do to make me feel better; when he makes delicious and nutritious breakfast for me while he just grab a bag of oatmeal for himself on the way to work; when he takes on all the responsibilities at home after a busy day at work and some extra time at church ... He not only loves God more, loves me more, but also loves other people more. He always tells me:"She needs a bear hug" or "He needs encouragement". Every day is wonderful being with him!!!

After David came back home, we talked about the arrangement after the baby is born. I was ready to stretch my back. So I got into bed early. When I woke up by the storm, David already rescued the plants from the backyard; moved and organized all the boxes in the garage so that we could park both cars inside! That was a lot of work for him! I was shocked when I saw the neatly piled boxes and the car in the garage before I went to work this morning. Luckily we didn't have much damage. Our fence leaned over. But it's still there. Six of our neighbors' fences were torn down. The tree branches were chopped down everywhere. Some of my co-workers even didn't make it to work. Some had to take care of their fence damage; some had to take their kids home because the school was closed; one side of EDS' building lost all the windows. A helicopter just flew by to take pictures of it ... Fang called to check on me. She said Fred is driving around to look for a place that he could use computers since the power of their house was still out. I'm wondering how our rental house is doing. Hope it is fine!

No comments: