Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tuesday News

I had teeth cleaning during the lunch hour. The girls in the dentist's office were so nice! I always enjoyed visiting with them. Gracie who attended me all the time is in her 13th week pregnancy. We had a lot to talk about. They gave me a kid's version tooth paste with strawberry taste. I liked it. No bleeding, nothing wrong - I got a clean bill!

Fang and I talked more about the birthday party after work. When I got to home, the house was filled with delicious smell! David already cooked the dinner: the squash soup, the squash/egg/onion/bread casserole, the bean burrito, etc. He made two dishes with the fresh squash from our backyard. Everything was delicious!! After the dinner, David cleaned the stove top and I cleaned up the table. I was surprised to see how clean the stove top was after the cleaning - I could never clean that well! After David cleaned the kitchen floor, we took a walk outside. David remembered that Eileen was going to call from Russia. We hurried home.

Pam sent me some links about the baby bottles. BabyCenter happened to send me the similar news about the plastics. That reminded me of Mary Ann's question: why do we have so many diseases now? Our environment is more and more dangerous for babies and children now. My parents and their friends never used plastic bottles, never had microwave, never sprayed pestcide on their produce, never washed dishes or cleaned the house with chemicals, never went to somebody's home theater ... they missed so much. And they had nothing to worry about during the pregnancies. Their babies were small because of lacking of the food, but all of them were healthy. Now it's more and more difficult to not to worry. In case you haven't read, here are some links about the plastics appeared in the news recently:


http://www.babycenter.com/204_baby-bottle-makers-sued-over-bisphenol-a-use_5233695.bc?scid=momspreg_20080624A:3&pe=2UvlUXh
http://www.environmentcalifornia.org/uploads/Ve/AQ/VeAQsr6MMu4xA3-2ibnr_g/Toxic-Baby-Bottles.pdf
http://www.beberevi ews.com/bottles_ smith_507. htm
http://health. usnews.com/ articles/ health/living- well-usn/ 2008/04/16/ study-of- chemical- in-plastic- bottles-raises- alarm.html

No comments: