Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 20, 2008

Flywheel

Mary invited us to go with them to Farmer's Branch Saturday night service. I said yes. But this morning I got an email from Mary Ann to confirm the dinner at her house Saturday night. I totally forgot that since she made that appointment back in early March and I put it on the Google calendar. I haven't openned the Google calendar for days so I didn't even see the reminder! I called Mary back telling her what happened. She told us that it might be good thing because Ted just had a fever and diarhea. They didn't want to pass that to me. I asked about her trip in China. She couldn't stop talking about it: how they were surprised by the reception of the readers; how their hearts were opened; etc. They plan to go back again next year for a longer period of time!


David took me to Fish On Fire for dinner. On the way back, we rented a DVD "Flywheel" to watch at home. It was produced by the same crew that did "Facing The Giant". It talked about a used car sales man who ripped off from everybody and how his life was changed after he made Jesus his Lord. One of the things that touched me was that after he read about what Zachieus did in Bible, he sorted out all his previous clients and gave back what he ripped off! Not knowing that it saved his business later on ... David liked the movie very much! Both "Flywheel" and "Facing the Giant" teach people to apply the Biblical principles into the real life. We were sad that this movie didn't make to the general movie theaters although it was produced five years ago. We had carameled popcorn and honeydew melon as we watched the movie. It was a wonderful evening!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great movie recommendation, I hadn't heard of it, we'll have to check that out