Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 6, 2008

Fang's Surprise Birthday

Father's Day is coming! I thought about buying a pair of dress shoes for David since all of his church shoes are worn out. I searched the whole house for his shoes that have the size information. I couldn't find any. During the lunch hour, I drove up to Frisco mall, had the Big Easy Cajun food for lunch, and wandered into JCPenny. The sales guy was very enthusiastic about selling something to me. With his help, I picked one thinking that we can return if it didn't work out. I pumped into one of my co-work and his wife and son in the food court area. Later my manager said she went to Macy's and bought some clothes. Well, it's Friday!

Tonight was the surprise party for Fang's birthday. I ran out of the office as soon as my manager left. David was in the front yard waiting for me already - we were responsible for the table reservation. The tough part was Cheddar's doesn't take reservation. David went there Wednesday night and talked to them. When we got there, one table was cleared. The other was still occupied. We were expecting 28 people! The other table was cleared an hour later. Fang was totally surprised when she arrived! It was a big group of reunion. Fred did a great job making it a surprise. We enjoyed the food and the talk with everyone in the party. After the dinner, we went to MainEvent to play bowling (I just watched). We had a great time!

Fang and Fred left the birthday cake for us. David put it in the trunk. When he opened the trunk, he said, "Oh, new shoes!" I realized he saw the shoe boxes and the JCPenny bag. After we got home, I asked him to try on the shoes. He liked the color. But it was a little bit long. We'll have to go back to change.

No comments: