Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Trivials

John Barret taught the class today. We discussed about unity and division among Christian community. After the class, we bumped into Mary, Ted and Donna. We talked in the hall until the service started. I had planned to grab something to eat after the class. But we ran out of time. During the service, the baby surprised me many times by the hard kicks. He/She has been so active recently. It was nice to talk to Debra, Lance and the boy they are hosting from Ukraine. After the service, we had lunch with a group of friends at El Felix. I didn't like the salad I had - it was expensive and not fresh. I never had a salad like that and I wouldn't want to order it again.

David and I got some grocery on the way home. We cleaned the house for Dad to come by. After a twenty-minute rest, we headed for church to meet up with Mary, Ted, George, and Bob to discuss the activities for Friendspeak. We all got to church at the same time. Donna joined us too. It was great to hear the exciting experience they all had in China. Time flew by. Before we could come up some action items, our readers showed up already.

Maggie and I had a good study. We studied the Eunuch of Esiopia. When I asked Maggie what she would do if she was the Eunuch. She said she would: learn more about who Jesus was; read more about what God says about Bible; and be baptized after this! I asked her whether Jesus had changed her life since she began to study Bible. She said in many ways. I was ready to ask more questions. But her husband and her daughter came over. We finished the session. She would like to visit Friendspeak for Kids. I took her to meet Gayla and showed her the classroom. She said she will bring her daughter there next Sunday. I also told her about the VBS. She was very interested. David and I found the registration card for her before we went to the evening service. She and her husband were going to walk around the church building to see all the decorated kids areas. We prayed that she and her daughter is able to join the VBS program and have a wonderful experience!

I liked Bob's evening sermon on Psalms 1. Compromises come in stages: walk->stand->sit. On the way home, David told me the questions Hongyu asked him: "Why there are so much unjustice and unequality in this world? Why God didn't take care of the squirrel when it was killed in the middle of the road?" I joked that we had to obey God's law. Otherwise, we choose not to have His protection. The squirrel disregarded safety law and perished. It is the same for human too. When we stopped in front of the house, Dad just arrived. We noticed that we blocked our neighbor's driveway. Our neighbor happened to pass by. He asked how the sprinkler system is doing since he just fixed it for us a few days ago. We told him it still didn't work. He jumped out of the truck and asked David to show him the leaking areas. He also showed David some tricks to tune the sprinkler head. We were so glad that we bumped into him. We took dad to potbelly for dinner. We sat outside - talked and listened to the soft music. The sun was already down. It felt so nice! We didn't go home until 9:30pm.

No comments: