Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Giving

I had another dental visit in the morning to fix the chip on the crown. The dentist did an excellent job. I may just keep the temporary fix for the good.

After work, I did grocery shopping, cooked, and called my sister. She told me that my parents got their passports. She is trying to buy a calling card to book the visa interview for them. She also mentioned that she wanted to participate some Christian volunteer work if there is any. I wished I knew some Christians in Shenzhen!

David had a long discussion with Jerry during Friendspeak on the topic of giving. Jerry wanted to know at what point a person should give instead of just taking care of himself/herself. David and I both think that giving is a mindset and practice. As believers in Jesus, our attitudes and actions should not depend on the situation. It's one of the underline principles that govern our daily behavior. People always should give, regardless he/she is poor or rich. When I'm poor, I give less; when I'm rich, I give more; when I don't have money, I give time and encouragement; ... Giving makes us more like Christ.

No comments: