Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Baby Books

Yesterday when I was checking out with the receptionist of the doctor's office, I saw a "FitPregnancy" baby magazine on the front desk. I asked:" Is it a good magazine?" The receptionist said:"You can have it." "Thank you! I just wanted to thumb through it." "I have another copy. So you can take it home!" She was so sweet! I brought it home and read some of it. It was a good magazine with lots of useful information. One of the articles was talking about teaching your kids to be kind, caring, and compassionate. In the end of the article, it listed many baby books. I jot down on a piece of paper and looked them up online. Based on the reviews, here are the book list that I may buy to educate myself on parenting:

* Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, Revised Edition: Birth to Age 5 (Shelov, Caring for your Baby and Young Child, Birth to Age 5) (Paperback)
by American Academy Of Pediatrics (Author)

* The A to Z Guide to Raising Happy, Confident Kids (Paperback)

* Parents Do Make a Difference: How to Raise Kids with Solid Character, Strong Minds, and Caring Hearts (The Jossey-Bass Psychology Series) (Paperback)

* The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer (Paperback)

* How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk (Paperback)

* Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child : Eliminating Conflict by Establishing Clear, Firm, and Respectful Boundaries (Paperback)

* Building Moral Intelligence: The Seven Essential Virtues that Teach Kids to Do the Right Thing (Paperback)

* Between Parent and Child: The Bestselling Classic That Revolutionized Parent-Child Communication (Paperback)

Heidi called to ask me to have lunch together. But I missed the call because my phone was set to silence. I called back later and made an appointment with her for next week. She finished all the CPA exams - finally! I went home for lunch, mainly because I wanted to put the marinated ribs in the oven so that David could have something for dinner. Mike came over with his laptop to show David the pictures he and Grace took for their California vacation. It ended up taking up the entire night. David was a little bit disappointed that he didn't do Friendspeak with Mike. But sometimes we have to put our agenda aside and meet the reader's needs, as long as we are not discouraged by the interruption. "So don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time. " Galatians 6:9 (NLT)

I had a great accountability meeting with the girls. The highlight of the meeting was the announcement of Angela's pregnancy. We were so happy for her. The baby's due date is Christmas this year! I wish I could have more time to spend with these girl friends. There were so much to catch up; there were so much encouragement and suggestions we could give to each other; there were so much joy and struggle to share ... I thank God for blessing me with these wonderful friends and I pray that I'll be a valuable friend to them too!

No comments: