Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

It’s the Father’s Day! And this is the very first Father’s Day for David. I already knew what a wonderful dad he is going to be. And I’m so looking forward to raising our kids with him. Thomas Carlyle said, “Show me who you honor, and I will know what kind of man you are.” I can tell everybody that David honors God and loves his wife. I often see the love of Christ reflected through my husband's words and deeds each day. A husband who loves God and his wife is worth more than gold. I thank God for a husband whose eyes light up when I come into view, and for the joy of living with a man I adore.

I was glad that Dad liked the pepper sauce and the roasted pecans. But I had to admit that I ate at least 1/3 of the pecans. They were so good! Amy called in the morning. Dad took Granny to her church before we left for church together at 9:00am. I liked the Bible study on Patriarch. I liked the sermon by the 23-year-old preacher too. He did a great job. We didn’t have much time to visit with other people. So we had a quick bite at Arby’s and left Dad’s house by 12:50pm. We made it for Friendspeak at 4:55pm. We had 42 readers! Maggie didn’t show up. Near the end of Friendspeak, I saw a few kids. That reminded me of Friendspeak kids. I wished I went there to help with the kids class. But it was not too late. I walked over to the kids’ room. Gayla was there. She showed me the world map the kids made and the creation wall: everything from the first day to the sixth day of creation. Every kid had a cup of bean sprout that he or she planted a few days ago. The kids also helped to decorate the cookies! Some kids took their parents over after Friendspeak to show them what they did. All the parents were excited and proud of the kids. It was a great ministry!

Hongyu asked David several difficult questions: why God waited so long to send Jesus to the earth? Why Bible talked about Joseph while Jesus was not from his tribe? What is the relationship between people after they get to heaven? … We’ll have to do some research to answer these questions. I craved for vegetable. David and I had the vegetable plate at Black-eyed Peas and stopped by a lady’s house to buy some used maternity clothes. We bought 9 shirts, 3 pants, 4 dress for $60. That should be enough for the whole pregnancy!

No comments: