Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Lessons for a mom

Eric called last night asking us to have lunch with him and Jenny today. We gladly accepted the invitation. We met Eric and Jenny at Hot Red and Blue for lunch. It was nice to see them and baby Georgia. Georgia is so pretty, obedient and lovely. She began to talk, count, and do many other things that make her parents proud. Eric and Jenny shared with us their experience on caring the baby. We will have a lot to learn!

After lunch, David and I washed our car, picked up the laundry, changed my name at Costco, bought some Chinese sweet bread that David likes, got the refrigerator filler and a plant for Mary Ann ... We arrived at Mary Ann's house at exactly 6:00pm. Mary Ann introduced her husband Bob to us. They both were very welcoming and hospitable. They had a beautiful house. The dinner was obsolutely delicious and healthy! The only thing was that the salad has the soft cheese. I didn't want to hurt her feeling so I ate half of the salad. But deep in my heart, I wished I didn't eat any ... After the dinner, Bob wanted to show David and me his new home theater. He enthusiasticly invited us to sit in the central seats and began to play the movie Ratateui (?). That brought back my memory of David - he cooked the delicious Ratateui for me after we watched the movie! Before I woke up from the sweet memory, the shooting sound from the movie alerted me. I wanted to go outside to protect the baby. I read that high frequency noise can damage the baby's hearing and cause the baby hearing loss! But I thought maybe that was it. I was too afraid to stand up and leave the room. After all, he was trying to show off his amazing sound system and try to entertain David and me. My heart was racing and my mind was joggling. I put my hand on the tummy trying to cover the baby ... Finally Bob turned it off after 15 minutes. We came to the living room. Mary Ann played piano for us. We chatted and had the strawberry pie afterwards. Mary Ann was such a talker that we didn't leave their house until 11:00pm!

I felt bad for not standing up for our baby. I wished I had told Mary Ann that I couldn't eat the soft cheese; I wished I walked out of the loud room and told them that the loud sound was not good for the baby; I wished I was a more assertive mom ... I regreted the whole way back home and I couldn't sleep during the night. What if I hurt baby's hearing by that? What if ...? This kind of things happened before. And I don't want to be like that any more. The baby's health is much more important than the sound system or the salad. Besides, if I spoke out, they would have understood me. I need to learn how to be a good mom!!!

David and I just pray that God will protect our baby to be healthy and strong and help us to be good parents!!!

No comments: