Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 29, 2008

5th Baptism Anniversary



As soon as I opened my eyes, David sang to me:" Happy Birthday to you! ..." Oh, it was my 5th baptism anniversary! I still remember everything happened on that day, from the morning to the evening! It was a special day for both me and David since he was the one who baptized me. We remenansced the details of the baptism and got up to get ready for the church. When I walked into the kitchen to have the breakfast, I suddenly saw a beautiful bouquet of red and white flowers with a heart-shaped tag:" I love you! Happy Birthday!" I had no idea where these flowers came from - David always has ways to surprise me!

David taught the Sunday class on the Lord's Prayer. After the class, Mitzi and I met in the auditorium to exchange the Apple oF Gold kitchen towels that Mary Kay made for us. After church, we had lunch with Dawn and Jarrod at Corner Bakery. David and I enjoyed visiting with them very much!

George asked David and me to meet with Mary and Ted to talk about the Friendspeak activities. George couldn't attend because he was busy with his son Michael's wedding. We met Mary and Ted at 4:00pm. We decided to try a few things first: monthly calendar and home-based disciple group.

Friend Speak was full again. Maggie brought her daughter to Friendspeak Kids. But her daughter cried very hard because she never left her with someone else. I felt sorry for the girl who was taking care of her. It was hard to take care of a crying baby for someone else. Maggie and I had a good study on baptism and what it does/means for Christians. Her daughter was in sound sleep when she was passed to Maggie. Hopefully Maggie will continue to take her daughter over here so that she will get used to the workers and other kids.

We went out for dinner with Mary, Ted, Jenny, Jerry, Hongyu, and Sandy at China Town Manderin Cafe. We all liked our food. Most of all, we enjoyed looking at the pictures of Mary and Ted when they were in Beijing and hearing the stories of each person. We talked a lot! Before we realized, it was 8:30pm already! Weekend was over again!!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember that day too, Happy spiritual birthday :D