Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

Name Change

I should have done this earlier. But I was afraid I wouldn't have a new passport with my new name by the time of our China trip in the end of May. So I postponed it until now. It took me two hours to change the name on the social security card back in March. I expected to wait for the same length of time at the Driver's license place. To my surprise, it only took me 45 minutes. Maybe because it is Tuesday. "Wenjun Woodward" is the new name - I did keep my Chinese first name: one reason was, it takes so much time and steps to change a first time; another reason was it's better to still keep part of my old identity. I can't imagine anyone from my family, hometown, school would know who "Wendy Woodward" is. My heart is filled with joy every time when I sign my new name, knowing that I'll be bonded with David for the rest of my life on earth as well as in Heaven ...

The squash in the garden really took off. Three baby squashes are 5 inches long already. The big healthy leaves exude life and energy. Unfortunately it is the only plant that grows well. The tomatoes had lots of produce. But as soon as they turned yellow and orange, the birds would eat them. We had some peppers, as big as a thumb. The grass grew better with the rain and the sprinklers. But the weeds grew better too: David spent half an hour each morning in the backyard to pull out the weeds. Wish we knew a better way to kill the weeds.

I began to watch the yuga DVD to see whether I can follow it to do some exercise. It was very nice! Some of the stretches are too difficult for me. But I can always modify them with a chair. I hope I can do it twice a week for 15 minutes.

No comments: