Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Jason and Laura's wedding

I slept in. When I got up to feed "the baby", David had already worked in the backyard for hours. He was pulling out the weeds one by one. After the breakfast, I cleaned the tiles around the shower area. David went to Lowes to get some sods. I started preparing for lunch at noon. David stopped working in the yard, exhausted. For him, the weeds are like the devil; what I call "yardwork", he calls "yardjoy".

After lunch, we dropped David's car to GoodYear to change the oil. David came home to take a short nap. I cleaned around the kitchen area. Suddenly I saw the gift bag for Jason and Laura - their wedding was today, in about one hour! We all forgot about it. David jumped out of the bed. I began to search for the clothes that I could wear to the wedding. All the dresses and skirts were too small! Finally I put on a skirt without zipping it up. It stayed on my waist very secure. David's church shoes were in his car. We drove to GoodYear to get the shoes and head off to church. We got there five minutes before the wedding started. Huhh! The wedding was very beautiful. I liked the bright green and dark plum color. David said it was Martha Steward style. The reception was nice too: with bright green table cloth, white chair, assorted fruit and finger sandwiches. David and I enjoyed visiting with Angela and Tavi. Kirk joined us too. The wedding cake cake was from the same bakery we used for our wedding. Jason and Laura were going to Maui for their honeymoon too!

We talked to Amy on the way home. We were excited that they are coming for July 4th weekend! We called Gilbert to trim the trees around the house. He told us that our rental house neighbors complained about the tall grasses in the front yard. We realized that we hadn't received this month's rent yet. David called the renter. Their phone was discontinued! We thought something must have got wrong. We'll check it out tomorrow. After the dinner, David prepared for the Sunday class and I read a little bit before we went to bed.

No comments: