Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 23, 2008

Culture Training

Dad left at 7:30am to see Amy. I was still in bed. I wished I could get up early to say bye bye to him. But David was up earlier. He left at the same time as Dad for work.

I called Fang about Fred's birthday this Thursday. We decided to meet over the weekend. During the day, I made more copies for the culture training for the LST Interns who are going to China tomorrow.

David and I met in front of my office building at 5:15pm. We decided to try the new route to Fort Worth. It turned out to be much faster. We arrived there half an hour early. The hosts were former Phillipean missionaries. Actually they knew Richard England. They are going to be the mentors for this group of interns in China for three weeks. The other couple mentors who are going to mentor the rest of the internship were not able to attend the training. We were glad to see Mark Woodward there. Apparently he'd worked with the interns for the whole day. His wife Sherylee joined us later. Among these interns, one had taken Chinese language lessons for almost two years. Several others just started. David and I were impressed by their pronunciations. We took a tour of this little house with personalities, had some pizza the interns prepared, and talked about the Chinese culture. I also read Mary's input from her trip. They all appreciated the training. We left at 8:30pm knowing that they probably had to prepare for the big trip tomorrow. They will have a great experience!

No comments: