Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Cleaning Day

I had planned to go to WalMart during the lunch time to pick up some grocery for the July 4th party. But I didn't bring the laundry with me. The cleaner is just across street from WalMart. With the roaring gas price, I'd rather combining the trips. So I headed home instead. At the intersection of Hedgcoxe and Prestonmeadow, right around the corner of my house, two plice cars blocked the road. A firetruck stopped in the middle. A white van was slowly pulled up to the towing truck. Someone made mistake! I thought. All the traffic was directed to the North. "I could have gone to WalMart - the distance I drive now is the same as, if not longer than going to WalMart! What a waste of time." I complained in my heart. Suddenly I drew my attention:" Wait a minute. It was me who chose to waste the time: I could have used the time to pray for the people who were involved in the accident, instead of complaining! If I knew the people who were in the accident, my attitude would have been totally different." I felt sorry for my momentarily negative thoughts. So for the rest of the time when I took the detour to get home, I prayed for them.

After I got home from work, I was surprised that David cooked dinner already! It was so delicious that I ate everything. After dinner, we read Provers 1 together. Then David started cleaning the house for the July 4th gathering without being asked. He did such a great job that all the hardware are sparkling and all the tiles and countertops were fresh clean. He vacuumed, dusted, organized all the rooms. I was so fortunate to have such a wonderful husband! We cleaned the swing and the stroller for Chloe to use. We are looking forward to having Amy, Kendall, Chloe and Presley over during the weekend!

I investigated some natural cleaning stuff that are safe for babies. Here is a good website: http://www.ourgreenhouse.com/foundations/store/scresults.asp?category=40

Congratulations to Gail and Robert for their new granddaughter KAYLEIGH REESE GAYLORD!

No comments: