Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Children Won't Wait - Part One

(This is from the booklet I received at the Apple of Gold class. Written by Helen M. Young)

There is a time to anticipate the baby’s coming,
A time to consult a doctor;
A time to plan a diet and exercise,
A time to gather a layette.

There is a time to wonder at the ways of God,
knowing there is the destiny for which I was created.
A time to dream of what this child might become,
A time to pray that God will teach me how to train this child which I bear.
A time to prepare myself that I might nurture his soul
But soon there comes the time for birth,
For babies won’t wait.

There is a time for night feedings, and colic and formulas
There is a time for rocking and a time for walking the floor,
A time for patience and self-sacrifice,
A time to show her that her new world is a world of love and goodness and dependability
There is a time to ponder what she is – an individual, a soul made in God’s image
There is a time to consider my stewardship. I cannot possess her.
She is not mine. I have been chosen to care for her, to love her, to enjoy her, to nurture her, and to answer to God.
I resolve to do my best for her,
For babies don’t wait.
























*********************
We had our July Accountability group meeting tonight. It was so encouraging and fun to meet with the girls! Kyri started to prepare for the birth of little Charlie; I started working on the baby's name; Angela started to have the baby room ready ... I'm sure Dawn learned lots of baby stuff just by listening to us. Of course, the majority of our goals are still diet, exercise, and reading. We'll see how we are doing next time!

No comments: