Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Setting up nursery and cell phone

David and I have been busy with setting up the nursery these days. It was slow because I couldn't lift the furniture. David was all by himself to assemble the bed and the office furniture. We moved the bookshelf to the garage. I'll have to think a way to keep the books clean.

I am washing all the baby clothes, blankets, towels, etc. They are all so cute that I really enjoyed sorting them and folding them. I can't wait to organize everything and take some pictures of the room! Eric offered painting the nursery wall for us. We had some ideas on what to paint already.

Wednesday David went to Friendspeak and studied with a new guy Amar. They had a great time together. I did grocery shopping at Sprout and Walgreen. While I was at the checkout line, the cashier tried to sell me an organic shampoo. I told her that I looked at the ingredients already. From the label, I wasn't sure that it was true organic since it had perfume and Ammonium Sulfate in it. She was surprised that I was a label-reader! I told her I had to be careful since I'm pregnant. When I told her what organic solution I use to wash my hair now, she was shocked! It could be stressful to watch for everything. But I wouldn't mind to do what I can to minimize the chemical intrusion for a few months longer.

My co-worker syed often asked me some spiritual questions on and off. Today when we were alone in the break area, I invited him to come with us to church on Sunday. His initial reaction was no because he didn't want to be labeled and pushed. I assured him that I wouldn't give him any pressure. Finally he got the church information and promised to come to church if nothing comes up. I knew he would enjoy the experience with the church service and friendspeak. We'll see ...

Donna sent out email about cellphone radiation today. My sister and my friends in China warned me not to use too much cellphone before. But I didn't take it to heart. Just recently, I read many articles about the cellphone radiation from different pregnancy websites. I began to think it over when I can use a phone line. One article said that in some European countries, cell phone is banned for pregnant women and yound kids. We'd better be safe!
http://www.parentdish.com/2008/07/30/cell-phone-use-during-pregnancy-may-lead-to-badly-behaved-kids/

No comments: