Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baby Stuff Hunting

I almost felt embarrassed when I asked David to go see another piles of baby stuff I saw on the website. "This will be the last time unless I see a nice changing table or dresser for our baby room." I thought. So we were on the road for shopping again after work. We met the lady who sold the stuff at the WalMart parking lot off Lake Forest and McKinney Ranch. She was very easy to talk to. I was glad that all the stuff looked clean and in very good condition. We ended up buying the baby bath, activity mat, talking puppy, lamp, and the crib bedding from her. I knew I wouldn't want that bedding to be our baby's primary bedding. But in case the primary bedding gets dirty, this is a cheap replacement. The color theme was neutral and cute. We may give it away or put in other uses in the future. I found justice for my purchase and we ended up using all the $74 cash in David's wallet! The baby stuff hunting not only brought me satisfaction of saving money but also added joy of interacting with other moms. I had liked a baby girl bedding set that was brand new and was sold for $50. But it was sold as soon as it was posted. The lady gave me the detailed information on how to find that same set on Babyrus. In the end of her sweet email, she added, "God Bless you and the little miracle you are buying for!! ... The sparkle has moved from your eye to your belly....tee hee."

On the way back, we drove around Lake Forest and Elverado area. We had no idea that it was developed so much with beautiful trees, hilly road, and new houses. We know that Debra and Lori both bought their houses in this area. It really seemed to be a nice neighborhood.

The baby natural detergent I bought came in today. Now I can start washing all the baby stuff and get them ready and clean.

Dawn called that the baby shower is changed to September 20th. Originally it was scheduled to be at Alice's house on October 4th because Alice will be out of the town in September. But David and I was afraid it would be too close to the due date since it would be 34-35 weeks by then. It will be very helpful if we have a couple of more weeks to prepare in case the baby arrives early. Dawn made a quick change to Liesl's house and the first available date is September 20th. We really appreciate Dawn for her efforts to coordinate and make the changes. She is such a wonderful friend!

No comments: