Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 4, 2008

July 4th Party

19 weeks before our baby is born! Robert sent an email early on: "Pink or Blue?" We called him back telling him that he's going to have a granddaughter! I called Owana afterwards. I haven't talked to her since I received her two sweet letters. She was so excited about our baby girl. It sounds like she is doing better with reading and all the activities among her grandchildren. David and I hope to visit her sometime soon.

David and I had lunch with Amy, Kendall, and Sherri at Gloria. I liked the Mexican special dish I had. David and I were surprised by the baby girl skirts and shoes that Sherri bought for us. That was one of the first and prettiest baby gifts we've got!! Unfortunately the baby will be born in the winter so we will have to exchange the beautiful summer dresses and shoes for bigger sizes. Sherri came over to the house for a visit after lunch. David and I were tired. So we took a short nap.

At around 3:30pm, people started coming for the party! Wendy and Chris was the first couple with their two sons Tyler and Shawn. Then around 36 people gradually showed up. THe house was full! I made the wedding punch and baked the Mexican chicken. All the other people brought other stuff. I could tell that the girls enjoyed visiting each other very much at the dining table. I had a plate of food and visited with some girls for a while. But I was afraid the noise level was too high for the baby. I sat in the other part of the house for a while. Then I observed all the kids' behaviors: banning the toys on the piano keyboard; opening the cabinet doors, pulling the lamp cable, ... Luckily Diane, LeCresha, Lori, and Jenny helped to control the kids a little bit. Still, I heard that one of the kids tried to use the bathroom in our closet; another baby almost fell into our toilet in the guest bathroom; ... Among all these chaos, I saw one lovely girl who was monitored by her mom - that was Jenny and Eric's daughter Georgia. She was so good: walking around quietly, listening to the stories, and putting the puzzles together. I saw the importance of a mom in shaping a kid's character and temperament. Jenny was gently guiding and monitoring Georgia all the time! She set such a great example for me!

After the party, we went out to watch the fireworks. None of us knew where the fireworks were. Finally we stopped at a park along Parkwood just North of the Dr. Pepper's ball park. We didn't see the Frisco fireworks at PizzaHut Plaza. But we saw some of the fireworks from Dr. Pepper's ball park after the baseball game. Most importantly, we enjoyed the cool weather and the company of our friends. After we came home, Amy and Kendall already cleaned the kitchen. It was a lot of cleaning!!! We wished they had relaxed and watched the fireworks on TV instead.

It was a fun day! Here are a few pictures that I borrowed from Lori (Thank you Lori for taking pictures and taking care of the kidos!)









2 comments:

Unknown said...

Billy and I had such a great time over at your house, thank you for welcoming us all in to your home. Congratulations on your baby girl, I can't wait to meet her :-)

The Woodwards said...

Thank you for taking pictures and playing with the kids! That was such a great help!