Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

Re-organize the Rooms

It's difficult to keep up journaling everyday now - work is busier and our internet at home needs some re-work done. Tuesday night, Fred, Li, and Richard came over to help us to unload the dresser. Not only that, they moved the furniture out of the office room so that we could start working on the nursery. It was such a wonderful surprise because David and I thought about hiring some people to do that later on. Now we could really start preparing for the baby: organizing the nursery room; putting things up at different rooms; washing all the baby items; ... David told me later that Fred didn't feel well those days. He should have stayed at home resting! We really appreciate all the blessings from our friends.

Wednesday night both of us went to Friendspeak. David left from work early to pick up medicine for Sue and deliver it to her. Then he went to pick up a Korean girl who just came to America for Friendspeak. I didn't have a reader. So I came home early. I bought some tofu and fiber-rich vegetable on the way home. Our baby girl rested on Monday. She probably only kicked 15 times the whole day. But she picked up kicking and turning later on. My heart was at rest knowing that she's OK.

David and I met with George, Bob, and Robert Stolte at IKEA for lunch. I brought in my Pai Tai from my company's cafeteria just in case I couldn't find things to eat. But the cafeteria there was pretty nice. It has lots of selections. We talked about Friendspeak and International Ministry. By the end of the meeting, we came up an action list. During the discussion, I noticed that I cut off David's words twice! Every time I caught myself doing that, I wished I didn't do it! I quietly asked his forgiveness in my heart and asked God to help me to be a better wife. I'll never do that again!

Mike came over for Friendspeak. After the study, David started putting the office desk together at the living room area. We didn't have a phone jack in the living area. So we will use the wireless for now. I will start washing the baby blanket and clothes tomorrow. I can't wait!

We just got word from Angela that she and Tavi are going to have a boy!!! Tavi had said that they wanted a boy to balance out all the girls. His wish was granted! Kathy called two days ago that she just found out she is expecting! Her parents will apply for the visa to come here in August. They may be here while my parents are here if they all can get the visas! Dawn had actively made arrangement for the baby shower. The date was changed to September 27th at Liesl's house. David and I were very grateful for her doing this while she was on vacation in Colorado with Jarrod! David suggested that we'll do her baby shower in the future in return!

The bible verses for this week is: Romans 1:16 "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes". David and I plan to visit another Chinese church that Mike told us. Hope it will be another great experience!

No comments: