Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

A Visit To Remember

David's good friend Hollis and Amy had invited us many times to visit their farm house. Finally we got to go this past weekend. Thursday night, Mike came over for Friendspeak. David studied with him for one hour. Then he cleaned and organized the garage. He finished half of them. We piled a group of stuff to give away to the UTD students and threw away many things that were not good enough to give away. The garage looked so much better after that.

We had a busy day Friday. When I came home from work, I saw a sweet hand-written note by David with six Dove dark chocolate (my favorite!) - Saturday was our 6-month anniversary!!! Six months flew by. But I felt like David and I had been married for years! I loved every second being with him. It still sounds like a dream to spend the rest of my life with such a wonderful husband!
David had planned to get medicine for Sue and then deliver it to her. But the pharmacy was far from our house and it closed at 7:00pm. We couldn't make it. We had dinner at Lee's Chinese. Then we stopped by a lady's house to look at the changing dresser that she was selling. But she wasn't at home. We went to Alice's house to get the bridal shower invitation list for George and Carolyn's daughter-in-law. Alice had assigned me to do the invitation letters last weekend. But I didn't get the list until tonight. The shower is next Saturday. I only had Sunday night to work on it since we were going to be out of town. Alice showed us her patio floor that was painted dark red. It looked great. But I was concerned about the paint fume. So we only visited for a short while before we left. After we came home, I began to design the invitation letter and sent a sample to Alice for approval. Suddenly I remembered that I promised to pick up a Korean girl to come to Friendspeak on Sunday but we won't be able to come back in time. I called Robert. Luckily he and Gail agreed to pick her up instead.

David and I got up early to clean and pack our suitcase. We left the house at 7:25am and made good time to the airport. Our flight was 20 minutes late. So David used that time to learn some new Chinese words. His Chinese is really improving everyday! We arrived at Midland TX at 11:30am. Hollis and Amy picked us up at the airport. Their house was about one hour away from the airport. After we arrived at their house, their two sons Jake and Davis showed us around the house. We were fascinated at everything we saw. Hollis made all the customized signs and decoration by himself. They also have five puppy dogs and a dozen chicken, which kept entaining the whole family. David video taped the puppy show. We all suggested Hollis to send it to the American's Funniest Video show. After dinner, Hollis and the two boys sat down to play Gitar for us. Amy was crocheting a baby blanket for our baby girl. David recorded that too.

We went to church with Amy and Hollis. Afterwards we had beef roast, creamy corns, mashed potato, home-made gravy, and biscuit for lunch. It was so delicious! David and I had excellent meals these two days. Both Amy and Hollis are gourmet chefs. We had alfredo pasta and baked tillapia for lunch; grilled vegetable and steak for dinner; and home-made icecream for dessert yesterday. Everything was delicious. Hollis told us the secret of cooking a good roast, gravy, and other things. We'll try ourselves soon!

We headed back after lunch. Hollis made us many customized gifts: the Woodward sign, the salt and pepper holder, the napkin holder, etc. We were stopped at the checkin point because we didn't use the clear plastic to hold the liquid. David had to go out to checkin our suitcase. We really didn't want to do that because we would be late for Friendspeak if we had to claim the baggage in Dallas. David came back with the suitcase ten minutes later. 'What happened?" The officer asked. "Oh, I found a clear plastic bag." David replied. He went to the Hertz rental car place and asked around for a plastic bag. He found one! David joked that "Laziness is the mother of invention." The officer didn't realize that I had a smart husband!

We made it on time for Friendspeak. On the way to church, we saw Maggie was walking on the street. We wanted to stop and pick her up. But she didn't seem to be coming to Friendspeak since she was carrying a grocery bag. I knew that she lives on that street. After we visited Mary and Robert, I was surprised to see Maggie. She told me that the only thing in her grocery bag was her Bible! She's finished reading all the Friendspeak book. I found her a New-Comer's guide to Bible and we started reading Genesis. After Friendspeak, Alice called to ask me to meet her at church lobby. I saw her with Amy and Bob McAfee there. The format that I sent her Friday night for the shower invitation messed up in her computer. She preferred a simpler version of the invitation since the cards she had were small. I was glad that Alice had all the blank cards and envlopes already. That would save me lots of time!

David and I went to Grand Prairie to look at a changing dresser. We loved the dresser right away. The problem was we didn't know whether our car was big enough for the furniture. Finally a neighbor came over and measured the dresser. He helped David to put the dresser in our car. It barely fit in! We had dinner at Cheddar's and came home after 9:30pm. We'll have to find someone to help with the unloading of the dresser tomorrow. David was tired. I continued working on the invitation until 11:00pm. The weekend was over!!



No comments: