Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I See The Moon

I never heard this song "I See The Moon" until Amy Wilson mentioned to me that Wes sang it to Rachel all the time. I looked it up on the website and found myself in love with this song. Apparently it's an old lullubi that passed down through generations. So the lyrics has many different versions (I saw at least five versions of it). Here is the version that I chose:

I see the moon and the moon sees me;
The moon sees someone I want to see.
God bless the moon and god bless me,
God bless the one I love.

God looked down from up above
He created you for me to love
He picked you from all the rest
Because he knew I love you the best.

I see the moon and the moon sees me,
The moon sees the one I long to see,
God bless the moon and God bless me
and God bless the one I love

The tune is http://www.mudcat.org/midi/midifiles/seemoon.mid It's ALMOST like that "hush little baby don't say a word, mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird" song (http://www.kididdles.com/lyrics/h012.html ), but with less notes for the fewer words, and really this is probably the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Thank you Amy for your recommendation! I can't wait to learn it and sing it myself!

No comments: