Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Two Services Sunday

This week David and I planned to visit another Chinese church. We got the address from our Friendspeak reader Peggy. It's called Church in Plano. We got there at 9:15am. An older guy who was in his late 50s/early 60s came up and greeted us. He had two pans of food in his hands. After we told him our intention, he introduced us to several people who lead the campus worship at UTD. We decided to stay in the English service area. To our surprise, all the service areas are arranged like a square classroom with a table in the center. People sat around the table. The first hour is called Table Meeting. We sang the responsive song, had responsive prayers, and took the communion. The second hour is called Prophecy. People shared their thoughts on the study they did during the week. There was no preacher or auditorium. It was totally different from the churches we've been to. After we left the church, David asked me what I thought about it. I had to admit that I was not used to it. But I liked the thought-sharing portion. They all seemed to have good points to share. David liked their passionate outreaching/evangelistic mindset, total devotion to God, and their enthusiasm on Christian training. We'll have to find more about their theology.

David taught the Sunday class at 1:00pm. After that we all went to the Hillcrest church for the service. I was glad that Dawn sat with us. After the service, we ran to Tom Thumb to buy some Birthday balloons for George. We arrived at Friendspeak right at 4:20pm. Bobbie and Louella were setting up the table for the Chinese fruit cake and punch. David gathered everyone and we all sang Happy Birthday to George. Paul and his mom came later. Paul's mom told me that she enjoyed doing Friendspeak with a Romanian student very much. She was surprised to see so many Chinese here.

Maggie didn't come. I read with Cathy again. We studied the story that Jesus healed the cripled guy. I told her what good friends could do to you and we talked about the concept of Sin. Since she didn't know much about Christianity, I started from Adam and Eve to our imperfection, to Jesus' sacrifice, to salvation and sanctification. She smiled and said, "When I was little, I saw a painting in my parents' friend's house: We are all sinners. I didn't like it at all because I didn't understand why an innocent little girl like me was a sinner. After you put it into the context, it makes full sense to me now!" I was glad that she got it. She also told me that she liked Christian's prayers. So we talked more about Prayers. One hour was over. I looked forward to more studies with her next week.

David's reader had more questions on Heaven:" Where did Bible say that Heaven is a beautiful place? Is there conscions in Heaven? ..." He will have to prepare for the answer next week!

No comments: