Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 14, 2008

Baby Einstein DVDs

I saw someone selling Baby Einstein DVDs on the website - 16 DVDs for $40! But it was difficult to reach the seller. Finally she called back after dinner. We decided to get them.

When the seller called, David was reading the book "The Ragamuffin Gospel". So I offered reading to him while we drove there. That was a book Don and Linda Barnett gave me a couple of years ago. But I haven't read it yet. I read aloud on the way until my voice was tired. It talked about God's Grace and Christian's Works. David asked me what I thought about that. I thought we make mistakes when we see either only God's grace or only our works. God's grace is the leading force and our works are the response; one is receiving and one is giving. The healthy living way should be two-way interaction. But we have to realize that our works are only a response, not a condition, for God's grace.

It took us 30 minutes' drive to get to the farm house although it was in Allen. We've never been to the other side of Allen. The lady who sold the DVDs was not at home. Her husband gave us the DVDs. When David took the DVD over, he was shocked, "These DVDs are in Chinese!" They certainly had the Chinese covers. The guy explained:" Our kids learned alot from these DVDs. They have three languages: English, Chinese, and Korean." "That's great!!!" David said, "I can use these too!" It really was a pleasant surprise. We watched one of them right away after we got home. I was glad that David liked these DVDs. And I'm sure our little girl will enjoy them too!


No comments: