Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Will we let our brothers go hungry?

David and I went to church and did Friendspeak. Many people came over to ask me whether I felt better. I had chance to show off my loving husband for his outstanding nursing skills. I had never been so well taken care of! My reader Maggie's daughter had fever last week too. She was so sorry that she didn't make it to Friendspeak Come and See event. Maggie asked several good questions: what is the difference between "believe Jesus" and "believe in Jesus"; why Jesus called himself "the living bread"; etc. She has excellent understanding as far as what we've read. David felt deeply for Hongyu since he was struggling to believe but can't believe. We just prayed that all these readers will find the light and the treasure soon!

David did the gardening before we went to church in the afternoon. He planted some tomatos, peppers, squash, etc. Streams of sweat rolled down his handsome face as he worked hard in the humid overcasting weather.

We totally enjoyed the singing service tonight. Afterwards, Phil came over and introduced another David, who is going to Russia for 6 years, to us. We could sense this David's passion and energy for missions. Phil invited us to have dinner together. They desperately needed encouragement and ideas for helping with the funding. Phil was so compassionate. One of his comments stayed in my mind for the whole night:" These guys surely will go ahead with their work even without the funding; they are willing to suffer for the good work; but why would we let our brothers go hungry? I wouldn't let my wife or child go out without any money; why would I do that for my brother?" I wished all the churches could hear that!

Phil blamed David and me for causing him to have six more pets: Phil and Rebecca took the golden fish home from our wedding. After one fish died, Sam and Alexandra wanted another one. They bought more fish and on the way to the store, they bumped into a puppy that they absolutely loved. So they ended up with all these new pets. We could tell that Phil loved them all! David and I surely hope to meet these new additions some time soon!

No comments: