Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Three Things to Pray About


I've been feeling cold these days. With bright sunlight beaming through the new blossoms on the trees, I am wearing a sweater with a wind coat. Finally, David found me having 102 degree fever after I got home last night. David had come home to cook for me before he left for Friendspeak at 5:30pm. He made my favorite vegetable pancakes. "OK. I'm going to be late. Have a good rest and call me if you need me!" He went to read with Jerry. I went into bed. Twenty minutes later, Bobbie called since she heard that I was sick. She said I might have infections and asked me to take some medicine. That alerted me - "Infection!" It's not good for the baby. So I called my Genycologist right away. He called back and asked me to take two pills of Tylenon and then go to the Emergency room to find out what caused the fever. I called David. We went into the Emergency room at around 7:00pm. We didn't get out until 2:00am. It was not a very good experience since the nurses worked with me were students who were practicing. It hurt! While David and I waited for the results, David drew on the white board the Chinese characters he learned these days. It was a lot of fun! The doctor came in and said:" You are drawing the hanging man! That's good!" What he saw was the Chinese character "out" which looked like hanging man. That was funny!

Luckily it's just the viral infection. Everything else is normal. David stayed at home this morning. We visited the genycologist at 10:30am. He did overall check on me and everything was normal. The lab results came out normal too. Dr. Robert Thomas talked to David and me for a long time and gave us two books: What to expect when you are expecting; What to expect for the first year. He was such a kind doctor. We all like him.

David went to work in the afternoon. I slept. Mike came over for Friendspeak after dinner. David studied with him in the patio. I prayed that they would have a wonderful study and that Mike's heart would be touched. I could hear laughters on and off coming from the backyard. I was so proud of David! After the study, David came in and said:" I want to pray for three things: one, I want to pray that our baby is healthy; two, I want to be a good husband; three, I want to be an effective worker!" I said:"You already are good husband and an effective worker. " I couldn't think of anyone who is a better husband than he is and who studies with so many Friendspeak readers. I'm so lucky to be his wife!

No comments: