Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Best Birthday Gift


I love it when my birthday is spreaded out! Dawn started the early birthday celebration during the accountability meeting last Saturday at my house. Kyri and Angela were here. We had a big cake with flowers. On Wednesday, my group at work had a birthday party of me and Ron and John whose birthdays are in March. We had cake and icecreams. Friday morning, the receptionist Elizabeth called:"Happy Birthday! You may be wondering how I know your birthday... You have a birthday gift delivered to the frontdesk." It was a pizza size sheet of cookies decorated with beautiful flowers! It was from Amy, Kendall, Chloe and Presley!!! My coworkers all said that I had wonderful in-laws! I can't agree more.

David and I decided to share the baby news with family. We called Dad before we went to dinner with Robert and Gail Friday night. Dad had a cold. But he was so happy to hear the news. We also told Robert and Gail during the dinner. They were so thrilled. Robert said, "I feel like running up and down every street in town and knocking on the door and saying 'Hey, Wendy and David are going to have a baby' God is sooooooo good!!!! ... Gail is so excited she can't even talk!!" Four of us talked for a while in StarBucks after the dinner and prayed before we left their house. We thank God for Robert and Gail's constant love and encouragement.

David and I started the Birthday by the birthday song. It was so happened that we are thinking to buy a used SUV and Robert is thinking to sell his SUV. We are considering to buy from him. I called home. My 5 year old niece Deng Qi said Happy Birthday many times. She asked her dad (my brother) to send me an e-birthday card. She is so cute!! I told mom and my sister about the baby. They both were very excited. My sister said that was the best birthday gift I've got. Of course! I thought - nobody can outgive God!!! I asked them to pray for my baby. My sister asked:" Will God listen to my prayer since I'm not a Christian?" I said Yes, if you believe!!

I guess David called Amy and Kendall while he was washing my car. Kendall sent a congratulations email. We are all looking forward to the Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. It will be great with kidos! Dawn and Fang called to say Happy Birthday. Mary called about her reader Ming. She is seeking suggestions on what to study because Ming is really searching for God. Karen asked for my conversion story because she wanted to understand more about her reader and work more effectively. I am so happy about what's going on in Friendspeak now!

David has been in the kitchen all day long: preparing, cooking, cleaning, organizing. He made shrimp pasta, vegetable cake, and banana milk shake for lunch. They were so delicious! The house was decorated with Easter Lilies, red and purple tulips, and white crythesemums. I thank God for a most wonderful husband!!!

No comments: